Government Polytechnic, Pune, an autonomous institute of
Government of Maharashtra is established in the year 1957.
Institute is awarded academic autonomy in May 1994. It houses in
its 28 acre campus: main building, Computer Engineering,
Information Technology and Science department building,
Electronics and DDGM department building, staff quarters,
workshop building, exam section building, conference halls,
hostels, classrooms for various disciplines, library, canteen,
mess, post office, cooperative stores, etc.
Over the last
four decades, several thousand diploma engineers passed out from
various disciplines are contributing their expertise for
industries and various Government departments. Institute has won
several prestigious awards in academics as well as
socio-cultural activities. Overall, contribution of this
institute in technical education of country and development of a
progressive society is significant.