was established in year 1957. It started functioning under
Autonomous Polytechnic when the Institute was awarded Academic
Head of Department :02
No.of Faculty : 09
No.of Supporting Staff : 7
Body (University /Body)
||Diploma in Civil Engineering
||AICTE, New Delhi F.No. Western/1-9317827728/2021/EOA Date: 02-Jul-2021
||Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, Mumbai
groom versatile, confident, creative, self reliant civil
engineering diploma holders with knowledge, skills and
personality for a sustainable development of society".
- Adopting curriculum with practical insights from all the
stake holders involved.
- Creating infrastructure and facilities in the department to
meet curricular needs.
- Creating strategic alliance with industries.
- Inculcating e-governance practices.
- Updating of faculty profile through higher studies,
refreshers and industrial exposures.
- PO1. Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply
knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering
fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the
- PO2. Problem analysis: Identify and analyse
well-defined engineering problems using codified standard
- PO3. Design/ development of solutions: Design
solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with
the design of systems components or processes to meet specified
- PO4. Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing:
Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to
conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PO5. Engineering practices for society, sustainability
and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context
of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- PO6. Project Management: Use engineering management
principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage
projects and effectively communicate about well-defined
- PO7. Life-long learning: Ability to analyse
individual needs and engage in updating in the context of
Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1. Conduct site investigation for Civil Engineering
- PSO2. Prepare and interpret drawings for execution of Civil
- PSO3. Execute civil engineering construction and maintenance
using allocated budget, time frame, work force, relevant
materials and equipment.
Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1. Compiles data and interprets the same for the
execution of works related to Civil Engineering projects.
- PEO2. Reads and interprets the drawings and designs for
execution of Civil Engineering works.
- PEO3. Reads and interprets the plans and schedules related
to projects and works for meeting the targets.
- PEO4. Practices and enforces principles of safe working
during the plan, design and execution of the Civil Engineering
- PEO5. Solve broad based Civil Engineering problems either
individually or as team member.