Electrical Engineering Department was established in 1957. It
offers three years' duration post SSC Full time and Part-time
Diplomas in Electrical Engineering approved by All India Council
for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
1957 to 1994, the programmes offered by the department were
affiliated to Board of Technical Examination (BTE), Mumbai now
known as Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)
Mumbai. In 1994, the institute was awarded academic autonomy.
Hence, from 1994 onwards the Diplomas are awarded by the
qualified and experienced faculty members and supporting staff,
well equipped laboratories, excellent academic results, strong
connection with the industries and the alumni are the strengths
of the department.
Electrical Engineering Department runs in two shifts (Morning
Diploma & Intake indicated below for the Academic Year 2020-21
Body (University /Body)
||Diploma in Electrical Engineering
||AICTE, New Delhi F.No. Western/ 1- 7014677098
/2020/EOA Date: 14-Jun-2020
||Maharashtra State Board of Technical
||SSC and Two Years' Industrial Experience
To develop competent, socially responsible, energy cautious,
industry ready Electrical Engineers.
1) Updating Electrical Engineering curriculum in tune with the
industry and Society.
2) Modernizing laboratories for
employable skill development.
3) Preparing students to work
in diverse condition.
4) Inculcating Energy conservation
habits in society.
5) Adapting the latest techniques in engineering for enhancing quality of education through
training of staff and students.
- PEO1: Provide socially responsible, environment friendly
solutions to electrical engineering problems adapting
- PEO2: Adapt state - of - the art engineering broad-based
technologies to work in multidisciplinary working environment.
- PEO3: Fine tune knowledge and skills with advanced trends
through lifelong learning.
- PO1: Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge
of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and
engineering specialization to solve the Electrical Engineering
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify and analyse well-defined
Electrical Engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- PO3: Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for
well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of
systems components or processes to meet specified needs in
- PO4: Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply
modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct
standard tests and measurements.
- PO5: Engineering practices for society, sustainability and
environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society,
sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- PO6: Project Management: Use engineering management
principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage
projects and effectively communicate about well-defined
- PO7: Life-long learning: Ability to analyse individual needs
and engage in updating in the context of technological changes
in Electrical Engineering.
- PSO1: Work for testing, installation, operation and
maintenance of various electrical equipment.
- PSO2: The student of electrical engineering will work in
automation and power system to solve practical problems in the
field of electrical engineering and cope up with changing
- PSO3: The student of electrical engineering will design,
estimate and execute electrical installation and will work as an
entrepreneur and/or exhibit project management skills working in
- PSO4: The student of electrical engineering will follow
practices regarding electrical safety and energy conservation in
context with society & environment.
Engineering Department Notes And Documents