About the College
The Government Polytechnic, Pune, was established in the year 1957. Thirty seven
years later, in May 1994, the institute was awarded academic autonomy. Today it
houses in its 28 acre campus, a main building, students hostels, classrooms for
various faculties including Electronic Computers, Library, Canteen, post office
and other facilities and has the capacity to groom more than 300 students in various
engineering fields every year.
Over the last four decades, the institute has produced more than 8000 diploma engineers
in different disciplines, has won several awards in academics as well as socio-cultural
activities and on the whole has succeeded in contributing humble positive efforts
towards the building of a progressive society.
To develop self reliant, versatile, innovative, quality conscious engineers for betterment of society.
- Update curricula in association with stakeholders.
- Modernize infrastructure & facilities.
- Set up strategic alliance with industries.
- Enhance e-governance.
- Continuous development of faculty & staff.